It is thrilling to watch a Formula One or a NASCAR and many people still live under the impression that professional racing is different from everyday car driving. They are far from the truth because the technology used in racing cars is very relevant in the everyday car driving.
- Our daily cars too have a feature of automatic transmission where the car does not need manual input from the driver when shifting gears.
- Timing is key to racing and therefore all the race cars come with push-button ignition where with the touch of a button the car starts and this feature is present in several regular cars nowadays.
- To maintain stability the racing cars, have individual suspension while the regular cars do not have the same type of suspensions or for the same purpose their origin is the same,
- The groves on the tires whether shallow or deep have their base in racing car technology where the grooves are designed to maintain greater contact between the tires and the ground.
- The braking technology in both the cars is the same; the material used in race cars is different because in racing the brakes are applied at 200 miles per hour and that will generate a lot of heat.
- Everyday cars need air vents for maximum engine efficiency just like racing cars. Only certain cars have extras in the form of superchargers that ensure that the engine remains cool and works at optimum.
- Dual overhead camshafts are valves that open and close rapidly to cool the engine fast and help it work at optimum. This technology has been derived from racing cars.
- The aerodynamic shapes of racing cars are emulated by modern day cars to reduce air resistance and increase the speed of the vehicle.
- Race cars use carbon fiber for its lightness and strength and an everyday car is venturing into using this material but the production costs are high.
- The safety features in the everyday car are now at par with those in racing cars which are built to protect the driver in case of high-speed impact.
Should you attempt a Formula One stunt after the reading the above similarities and end up in need of spares you can approach 247Spares.…